Clean & Safe
The world is currently living unprecedented circumstances. Something we have learnt in the past 15 years since the opening of Convento do Espinheiro Historic Hotel & Spa, is that we would not be what we are today without people and so to care for the safety and well being of our guests, our team and our partners is our greatest priority. Now, more than ever.
Amidst the new reality that we are living, we would like to share with you that we have spared no efforts to prepare ourselves to welcome you with all the necessary safety measures in place. Based on the recommendations of the Portuguese Tourism Board and the guidelines of the World Health Organization and our National Health Board we have developed a set of new policies and Standard Operating Procedures which our team has been intensively trained upon.
As well as all the space and comfort offered at Convento do Espinheiro – located in 80 000m2 of unique Alentejo landscape – we can guarantee rigorous sanitation of the property and the warm welcome of team which is has been adequately prepared to welcome you in all safety, without losing what characterizes it so well: attention to detail and excellent customer service.
In order to answer some of our guest’s doubts or querries, we would like to share with you some important information.
So as to guarantee the safety of our guests and staff, our housekeeping team has revised its cleaning schedules, reinforcing them and adding the new policies for the rigorous sanitation of all public areas, with particular attention to common surfaces such as door knobs, counter surfaces, door knobs, etc.
Also guestrooms are undergoing enhanced cleaning standards and in all cases, we are using adequate and approved cleaning products and disinfectants.
In addition to thorough cleaning standards, all rooms shall be sanitized after use by an ozone nebulizer
We ensure adequate treatment of bed linen and towels.
In various areas of the hotel, from entrances and access to bars, restaurants and leisure facilities, you will find hand sanitizer dispensers.
So as to ensure the recommended social distance of 2 metres, we have implemented the following measures:
- We are working with two service desks, each limited to attending one Guest/family at a time. Other Guests await their turn in a separate area;
- Both service desks are equipped with acrylic barriers;
- After check-in, guests are accompanied to their rooms as is our usual procedure, however, our team member shall respect the adequate distance;
- Guest luggage shall be left by our team member outsider the guestroom door;
- Our daily guided tour shall be held in two different schedules and subject to reservation, with limited number of participants.
- During your stay, our housekeeping team, as per our normal standard procedure, shall clean your room daily, unless you request otherwise.
Restaurants and Bars
- All meals, including breakfast, are subject to reservation which will allow for a controlled number of guests in the room;
- The capacity of all our rooms has been reduced, which allows a distance of 2 meters between each table;
- Our buffet breakfast has been substituted for an à la carte service which will help to minimize the crossing of guests and staff in the breakfast room as well as reducing the risk of contamination of food;
- Our daily wine tasting session at the wine cellar shall be held in two different schedules and subject to reservation, with limited number of participants;
- We shall encourage the use of our outdoor space, with terraces and leisure areas, prepared for your safety and comfort and where all meals may be taken.
- Reduced number of sun loungers so as to permit more space between them;
- Our swimming pools are treated adequately so as to guarantee the safety of all its users.
In all restaurants and bars, our staff shall be wearing adequate personal protective equipment;
As referred previously, hand sanitizer dispensers shall be available at the entrance of all restaurants and bars;
Enhanced sanitation of all areas and common surfaces, as well as a rigorous sanitation of all utensils made available to our guests.
All staff shall undergo temperature checks upon arrival for their shift;
We strive to innovate and equip our hotel with the latest technology and we encourage its use to simplify the check-in and check-out process;
We promote the use of digital information through our website www.conventodoespinheiro.com, so as to eliminate all paper documents in your room.
Through our website, our guests may also access our restaurant and bar menus and be updated on all services available. The use of applications such as WhatsApp to contact our Reception is also possible and recommended.
Safety Procedures Manual – created and used as a base for the intensive training received by our team; each one has received a copy of this manual, which is updated whenever necessary.
We thank you for your trust and your cooperation in complying with these recomendations:
- Hand sanitations: wash with soap and water or disinfect with álcool (at least 70º) regularly;
- Respiratory Hygiene: over your mouth and nose with your arm whenever coughing or sneezing, or use a tissue paper which must be disposed of immediately; wash your hands after coughing or sneezing, and after blowing your nose. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands;
- Social conduct: maintain an adequate distance (2 metres);
- Mask: it’s use minimizes the risk of contamination.
- If you become sick during your stay: Convento do Espinheiro has implemented procedures to deal with sickness and first aid. Please contact the Reception so that we may put our protocol into action and offer immediate assistance.
Based on the measures implemented at Convento do Espinheiro, we are certain that we may provide you with a safe environment, as well as the comfort and tranquility inherent to a stay at Convento do Espinheiro.
We look forward to welcoming you, book now!
In the meantime, we shall remain attentive to all news emitted from the health authoritues and will keep you updated whenever necessary.